Bacon is probably one of the most important ingredients in any breakfast paleo diet recipes. It’s pretty much like a gift from the gods of food.
This is the reason I love this recipe. The main ingredient is BACON. I’ve always loved bacon. However, I hate eating strip after strip of it. It just always felt unnatural for me and lacking a base. In our bacon mix-up, the sweet potato and avocado sits very nicely with me, both in texture and taste.
There used to be a Mexican joint down the street from my work that I would go to everyday to get breakfast burritos. They had potatoes, cheese, guacamole, onion, eggs, hot sauce, green peppers, and of course bacon; and LOTS of it! This recipe was inspired from those breakfast burritos, and I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I did!
BREAKFAST BACON MIX-UP
- 8 Diced Bacon Slices
- 1/2 Diced Onion
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Sliced Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Zucchini
I found this works best if the avocado has been left out of the fridge for awhile and is nice and soft so it can maintain a more guacamole texture, we will be “mashing” all the ingredients together later.
- First begin by cooking the bacon slices over low-medium heat. Drain the fat (keep about 2 tablespoons) and set to the side.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add sweet potato, onion, and bacon grease. Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender to the touch.
- Add zucchini and green pepper to the mixture and cook to taste.
- Meanwhile cook eggs the way you like them.
- Once everything is cooked, through it all in a bowl, add the avocado, and mix it all up.
- Share this article with friends and family! (just kidding, unless you want to!)
It’s a pretty simple recipe, and only takes about 20 minutes to make, so it can be good for weekdays before work and the weekend as well. If you end up adding more items to the mixture, comment below and please let us know what you added and how it made the recipe taste overall!
Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/modernpaleodiet and you can like us on Facebook at the top-right of our page!
If you liked this recipe, check out our Coconut Fruit Tarts for dessert!
Remember to experiment and add your own ingredients to our paleo diet recipes and let us know below how they turn out!