Hey everyone, are you looking for the best paleo cookies recipe? Look no further because our paleo diet recipes are great for hardcore paleo dieters and newbies alike!
For those of you that aren’t following the paleo way, feel free to add either 1/2-1 cup of chocolate chips or 1 cup of oatmeal and 1/2 cup of raisins. For those of you that are paleo (which is why this recipe is on our site!), just follow the directions as instructed and I promise you will have the best paleo cookies sitting in your hands after less than half an hour of work!
I first tried these cookies over the weekend, and so far I feel this is one of our best paleo diet recipes to date! Not only are these cookies soft and chewy, but they also don’t fall apart in your hands and have the perfect consistency if made correctly.
Heads up, these paleo cookies do have lime and coconut in them. So if you don’t like either of those, feel free to take them out of the recipe, they still come out delicious! Keep the base of the cookies correct, and add whatever you’d like whether that be macadamia nuts, almonds, dried fruits, etc. Just make sure whatever you’re adding is the same amount as the coconut, so the cookies remain the correct consistency. The cookies also go good with nothing in them!
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 1/2 Cups of blanched and sifted almond flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup of 100% all natural maple syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Teaspoon of sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut (optional, but delicious!)
- Zest of 1 Lime (optional)
First, make sure that you have the following
- Large Bowl for mixing wet ingredients
- Medium Bowl for mixing dry ingredients
- Baking Parchment Paper
- Cookie Baking Pan
- Oven (we recommend a conventional oven as opposed to a microwave!)
How to make these delicious paleo cookies:
- In your medium mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients- almond flour, baking soda, coconut, and sea salt (optional).
- In your large mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients- melted coconut oil, lime zest, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and egg.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the large mixing bowl.
- Once everything is mixed together, put the mixture into the fridge (covered) for 15-20 minutes and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the oven is warmed up and the mixture has finished in the fridge, take the paleo cookie dough out and prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roll the paleo cookie dough into 1-2 inch balls and place on the paper.
- Put in the oven and cook for 5 minutes. This allows them to warm up and start to take shape. Once the 5 minutes is up, take them out and slightly flatten them with either the back of a fork or a spatula.
- Place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes. The best rule of thumb is to take them out a little bit before they look done, because they will still cook a little bit more when you take them out of the oven.
- Let cool and enjoy! If you can’t wait until they cool, please keep a cold glass of water nearby in case you burn your mouth! (the cookies are worth it though!)
A couple fun addition possibilities:
- Some people like cookie shapes. That’s why they invented cookie cutters. Get creative.
- Add peanut butter chips, or another sweet delectable.
- Right before you put the cookies back in the oven for the second bake, sprinkle some brown sugar or other sweetener on top- delicious!
If you’re looking for a good dinner idea to eat before you consume this amazing paleo creation, check out our Paleo Spaghetti recipe!
If you have any other delicious paleo diet recipes, share below and let us know!