Paleo diet recipes haven’t been filling up too much of our site lately, so I’ve decided to start talking a lot more about food and recipes for the paleo diet. I mean, that’s what this diet is mainly about right? Eating paleo and finding good recipes to take up your diet.
Lately I’ve been feeling adventurous. Trying new recipes, new clothes, going to the gym a lot. So yesterday, I decided to do the most daring thing ever- try a new recipe in an effort to make the world’s best paleo pancakes! Almost two and a half hours later, I believe I had perfected the paleo pancake recipe!
Like all of our recipes, this is a do-it-yourself reinvent-as-much-as-you’d-like recipe. Just keep the base of the recipe similar to what we have, then throw in whatever you want! Experiment with it, you may as well have fun while you’re cooking, right?! Try almonds, mixed berries, strawberries, apples, whatever! It’s up to you. So, here’s our recipe!
- 1 Cup of Almond Meal
- 1/2 Cup of Grated Apple
- 1/3 Cup of Coconut or Almond Milk
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon (optional)
- Coconut Butter or Almond Butter
- All Natural Maple Syrup
Now, this is one of our easier paleo diet recipes to make. Take all of the ingredients other than the butter and syrup, throw them in a bowl, and start mixing! I like to mix with a metal whisk. It avoids any clumping and also gets the paleo pancakes to a pretty good consistency. Once they are mixed, turn on your stove or hot plate to low-medium heat. If you are unsure where that is, lower is better. You can always good them a little longer, but once they’re burned, they’re burned! Just pour them in on the pan or hot plate like normal pancakes and cook. When you start to see bubbles popping on the top is when it’s time to flip them. Once they’re cooked, throw them on a plate and serve with the butter and syrup!
Note: If the pancakes seem too runny, add some more almond meal. If they seem too thick, add some more milk. Also, to save money, you can make your own almond meal or almond butter at home.
Fun Ways to Spice Up Your Paleo Pancakes:
- Mix some bananas into the pancake batter and mash some strawberries and mix them into the syrup, Strawberry-Banana Paleo Pancakes!
- Put walnuts, almond slivers, and bananas into the pancake batter, Banana-Nut Paleo Pancakes!
- Put shredded coconut and bananas into the pancake batter, serve with fresh pineapple on top and a very small amount of syrup, Banana-Colada Paleo Pancakes (my personal favorite!)
- Mix it up- put whatever you’d like in the pancakes or syrup, and let us know below how it goes! I’m sure other paleo enthusiasts would love to know what the best mix-up is!
Remember, this is definitely not one of our healthiest recipes for the paleo diet. These are meant to be an occasional breakfast or dessert. I personal love them on a Sunday every once in awhile, or on special occasions.